Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) provides the training for those car drivers who would also like to be trained to a national standard to drive a minibus. The scheme is organised by the Community Transport Association (CTA UK).
N&DCT has instructors that are available to deliver this training to other organisations (schools, colleges, community groups etc) that would like to have their own drivers trained to a national standard.
To be eligible candidates must:
• Hold a full, current, clean driving license.
• Must be at least 21 years old and under 70.
• Have passed their car driving test two years previously.
• Hold a category D1 or B entitlement on their driving licence.
• Be able to pass a simple eyesight check.
There are 3 training modules which deliver a mixture of theory and practical training and they can all be conducted within 1 day.
- Standard: this module provides the training necessary to drive a minibus.
- Accessible: This module delivers the “Standard” training module plus a module for those carrying wheelchair users, and so those needing knowledge and experience of using passenger lifts, securing wheelchairs and the care of passengers. The module is offered as a FREE addition to the Standard module.
- Refresher Course: for those candidates that have passed the course before and require reassessing.
What are the benefits of MiDAS?
• Enhanced passenger safety and improved passenger comfort.
• Potential savings in insurance and running costs.
• A single recognisable standard that ensures high standards of driving.
N&DCT is here to help your organisation.
Please contact us with your requirements and we will set up a course at your convenience. The cost per person is £125 including use of an N&DCT vehicle (if required) for the driving assessment. Ideally we would prefer a minimum of two delegates per course. Cancellation charges are applicable for failing to attend without reasonable notice.